Welcome to the Connecticut Safe Grounds Coalition, a group of organizations
and agencies supporting Connecticut's groundbreaking legislation prohibiting the use of chemical
pesticides on school grounds for grades K-8.
We are here to help parents, teachers and school administrators understand why this
legislation is critical for the health and well-being of all children, and to help turf managers learn how to develop and
maintain thick, resilient and beautiful playing fields without pesticides.
Organizations currently supporting this effort are:
• Audubon Connecticut
• Citizens Campaign for the Environment
• Coalition for a Safe and Healthy Connecticut
• Connecticut NOFA
• Connecticut Public Health Association
• Ecological Health Organization, Inc.
• Environment and Human Health, Inc.
• Farmington River Watershed Association
• Grassroots Environmental Education
• Project Green Lawn
• The Rivers Alliance
• The Sierra Club - Connecticut Chapter
• Toxics Action Center
• The Watershed Partnership
If you would like more information, or are interested in joining the coalition, please
contact the CSGC office at (203) 309-0494.
© 2012 The Connecticut Safe Grounds Coalition is a project
of Grassroots Environmental Education, a non-profit organization.